The annual VISION Design and Workroom Competition Awards is now accepting applications. Interior designers, workroom owners, and other window fashion professionals are encouraged to send their best work for consideration between now and April 30th, 2021.
The VISION Design and Workroom Competition Awards were founded to recognize artisans in the window fashion industry and to validate and celebrate the work they do every day. To enter the competition, applicants must submit a brief online application and several pictures of their project. Designers may enter in as many categories as desired.
Awards are given in over a dozen categories including Commercial Window Fashions, Top Treatments, Combination Treatments, Soft Shades, Motorized Treatments, and Upholstery/Slipcovers. In addition to these categories, two designers will receive the competition’s top honors, Workroom of the Year and Designer of the Year.
Award recipients will be recognized during a virtual ceremony on June 24. Their projects will be published in Window Fashion VISION’s July + August or September + October edition.
Judging this year’s competition is a prestigious group of interior design and workroom professionals from across the country.
- Alicia Acosta is the owner of Hazel Slate, an interior textiles studio in Indianapolis. She offers a range of custom services to interior designers, including re-upholstery, shades and draperies.
- Michelle Castagna, the owner of Muse Design Studio in South Florida, has more than 20 years of experience with high-end residential design. She is currently serving her second term as president of the Florida Chapter of the IFDA.
- William Linn is the workroom manager for Marquis Design Group in West Palm Beach, FL. He was recognized as a top young designer in last year’s VISION 20 Under 40 Awards from Window Fashion VISION.
- Rachel Moriarty with Rachel Moriarty Interiors in San Diego is an award-winning designer whose work has been featured on HGTV and the Design Network.
- Lindsey Putzier with Eclectic Interiors in Hudson, OH, specializes in eclectic, colorful designs. She was also recognized by the VISION 20 Under 40 Awards program in 2020.
- Sandra VanSickle is one of the most widely known and loved professionals in the workroom industry. She owns Sew What’s New LLC, a wholesale custom window treatment and soft home furnishings workroom and training center in Apex, NC, and shares her knowledge with the workroom industry through her show “Live with Sandra V.”
A list of last year’s winners is available here.