TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Master Weaver Phifer Incorporated will return to the 2018 R+T Fair in Stuttgart, Germany, Feb. 28–Mar. 3 with exciting new additions to its portfolio of interior and exterior sun control fabrics and screen meshes for windows and doors.
With more than 60 years of weaving excellence, Phifer specializes in the manufacture of high-performance shade fabrics and innovative screen meshes designed to provide top-notch sun and insect protection. Visit Phifer in Hall 1, Stand #C22 for more information on the following new and noteworthy products, including:
Interior Sun Control Fabrics:
- The SheerWeave® Style 5000 line of designer window shade fabrics has added 16 new patterns that were previously only available through exclusive sourcing. With proven market appeal across key channels, these fresh Style 5000 offerings are in stock and currently being offered in a 98” width. The Style 5000 line combines textured yarns and patterns for a unique, decorative shading fabric with all of the performance features of traditional sun control fabrics.
- New SheerWeave Styles 7600 blackout and 7650 light-filtering fabrics feature a subtle linen pattern and are available in nine color options. Style 7600 has a soft, acrylic foamed backing for total light blockage. Richly textured, Style 7650 is a complementary range that uses the face fabric of Style 7600, providing privacy while allowing the function and beauty of natural light.
- With a face of subtle texture—emulating the look of natural fibers—and a unique foamed backing, SheerWeave Style 7400 joins Phifer’s growing range of blackout fabrics. Style 7400 is GREENGUARD Certified, PVC-free, and flame retardant for commercial use. Style 7450 is a complementary range of light-filtering fabrics that uses the face fabric of Style 7400 to provide privacy while allowing the function and beauty of natural light. With its rich texture, these fabrics provide an elegant option to meet your light-filtering needs.
- SheerWeave Style 8000 is Cradle to Cradle Certified Bronze and possesses many unique qualities in comparison to similar shade fabrics on the market. Style 8000 features a unique 2×2 basketweave, which provides improved dimensional stability and enhances outward visibility. Constructed from 100 percent polyester, Style 8000 is durable, easy to maintain, and available in 118-inch widths to maximize fabrication efficiency. Lightweight yet strong, this fabric is available in a 3 percent openness factor and seven neutral colors to complement any décor. The solar heat reduction in Style 8000’s dark color selections is significantly improved over traditional sun control fabrics.
- Phifer’s BetterVue® EliteScreen combines the proven mechanical characteristics of stiff EliteScreen with smaller yarns, tighter mesh, and non-glare finish for a thinner screen that provides improved visibility, better airflow, and increased insect protection.
- Aluminum Mesh for Tiny Insects is a wire mesh with a tighter weave construction than standard aluminum screening specifically designed to provide superior protection from pesky insects such as gnats, black flies, and no-see-ums. Phifer’s first new aluminum screening product in decades, this mesh provides excellent visibility and is perfect for window, door, and screen porch applications.
- Choose Phifer’s UltraVue® Excellent Visibility Insect Screen (eVis) for the total screening package—a sharp, more brilliant view, improved daylighting, superior ventilation, and protection from disease-carrying insects. UltraVue offers the ultimate in visibility over any other fiberglass insect screening in the market and is ideal for windows where the focus is all about the view. UltraVue improves daylighting by providing 25 percent more optical clarity for a crisper, brighter outward view. And with 15 percent more openness over conventional insect screening, UltraVue provides 25 percent better airflow for exceptional breezes and superior ventilation.
- A new hue, Carbon, has been added to the SunTex® 95 exterior sun control fabric family, joining the current range of eight neutral color options in this fabric collection designed specifically for exterior roller shade applications. Made from vinyl-coated polyester, SunTex 95 is thinner and lighter weight than traditional SunTex fabrics and is a full basketweave that blocks approximately 95 percent of the sun’s hot rays for a cooler, more comfortable outdoor environment. By reducing the sun’s penetration to interior rooms, these shades can lower cooling demand and reduce energy consumption.
To view Phifer’s distinctive line of eco-friendly, commercial-and residential-approved fabrics for interior and exterior applications, visit Stand #1C22 at the 2018 R+T Fair, call +1 -205-345-2120 or visit the company website at www.phifer.com.